We had the big mission conference this Tuesday. It was very inspiring and full of many tears. President Wilkinson and his family will be greatly missed. After the meeting, as my companion and I returned to our area and started to work, we both commented to each other that we felt a big emptiness in our hearts. President Wilkinson is truly called of God. This country will never forget what he did here. I am so happy that there exists a Plan of Salvation so that we don't have to worry if this was the last time we saw them in this life.
J and L were baptized on Saturday! It was stressful, but beautiful! L was very happy although her mother could not make it. V, our golden recent convert, baptized J! It was beautiful! After the ordinances, J and L bore their testimonies and the Bishop, Primary President, and Quorum President gave the welcome. We were about to close the service when V jumped up and bore his testimony. It was so touching to hear him tell the Bishop that he is available to baptize whoever they need. He's such a good person! After him, several members decided to give their testimonies as well. It was a good night!
We found a family from San Fransisco, California! Their names are Vi and Lo and they have 3 kids: Ju, Jo, and Ja. They are really nice and we teach them in English.
In the mission conference, President Wilkinson taught us the 7 Spiritual Essentials. If we follow these principles with exactness, he promised us that we will never be inactive, under discipline, etc. They are as follows:
1. Prayer (How many times a day will you get on your knees and pray?)
2. Scriptures (How long and how frequently?)
3. Temple (How many times a month will you attend the temple?)
4. Tithing (Will you pay every month? Will you pay fast offerings?)
5. Sacrament (How many Sundays out of the 48 each year will you partake worthily of the Sacrament?)
6. Missionary Work (How many referrals will you give to the missionaries? How often will you accompany them?)
7. Institute (Every semester.)
I've already made my goals and will share them with my parents and friends so I invite all of you to make your own and share them with someone! Love you all! Enjoy your week!